Sunday, June 21, 2009

Catch up

I feel as if that's what I am always playing. Anyway...I have been working out. AND, I have actually managed to keep my training log on mapmyride/run updated. I just haven't managed to post the maps here. So...to catch up:

After my 7 mile run on June 7th, I had a week filled with 3 4.5 mile runs and a 38 mile ride. That brings me to this past week. It was a busy one:

- 2 mile run on Tuesday
- bike commute (33 miles total - 24 one way and 9 back) on Wednesday
- 6 mile run on Thurs
- 2 mile run on Friday (I was flying for my current fitness level: 13:54)
- I did a short, 25 minute easy spin on my bike on Saturday
- And then...today...I ran in the 29th Annual Branford Road Race. Here's the route and my time:


I was pretty happy with my time: 39:42. That's about a 7:40 average over 5 miles. I can deal with that. This October, though, when I take on the Festival City 10k in Stratford, Ontario, I will not be happy with anything above a 7 min/mile average. I have a long way to go until then, though. Right now I'm just hoping for some sun, so I can spend more time in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment