Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friday Run and Saturday Ride

On Friday I had a 5 mile tempo run scheduled. I decided to squeeze it in before work, so I could pick up my bike from REI on the way home. The run felt great. 5 miles at 8:30 average. Taking my warm-up mile into consideration, I'd guess that my average over the other four was around 8:00/mile. Still pretty slow when compared to the times I was posting 2 1/2 years ago (before injuring my foot), but I'm definitely happy about it right now:



I was really happy to have my bike back; it looked great. The bike mechanic cleaned the entire drivetrain, got rid of some corrosion on my bottom bracket, lectured me about keeping my bike cleaner, and replaced some brake pads/parts. I was so happy to have my bike back and clean that I set my alarm for 7 this morning (actually crawled out of bed on the weekend while the kids were still sleeping) and headed out for a ride on the coast (most of it was in town, actually, but there was a bit of coastal riding):



I have to admit: I'm a little upset with how my gears were shifting. My chain slipped out of gear a couple of times and, once or twice, it didn't immediately switch when I was asking it to. I'm wondering if it just needs a bit more lube (I used it incredibly sparingly). If the problem persists I'll have to run back up to Hartford to get the bike techs at REI to tweek it a bit...ugh.

Coming up: tomorrow I'll do a 7 mile run early in the morning. Then, in the afternoon, I'm going to head on down to the New Haven green and set up my bike trainer and a table filled with info about the trek/donating. Hopefully I won't get kicked of the green and it'll bring in some cash for ALS TDI.

Ride Safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment