Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Catching up

So, yeah...I've fallen a bit behind. I have been working out, though...just not as much as I was supposed to. The day after my last post - Monday, May 25 - I injured my foot playing with Milo in the backyard. I thought I was going to have to see a doctor for it and even worried about long term training issues. It feels better now...not completely, but better. I took lots of anti-inflammatories and skipped one workout/postponed another. Okay...onto what I've actually done in the last week:

On Friday, I did a speed workout on the treadmill at school. I ran for 50 mins total. If I remember correctly, I did 1.5 miles of a warm-up run at 9 1/2 min mile pace, then alternated repeatedly between 800 meters (1/2 mile) at 6 min/mile pace and 400 meters (1/4 mile) at 9 min/mile pace, and then finished with about 1.5 miles slow down.

Saturday morning found me climbing on my bike. My speed was slower than I would have liked, but my legs were tired and I spent the last 2/3 of the ride trying to increase my horrible average from the first 1/3 (which had me climbing about 850 feet in 12 miles). The ride felt great, though, and I'm itching to make the jump (from running and riding to primarily riding). As soon as I get my bike worked on! Saturday's route:




On Sunday, I was back in West Rock Ridge State Park, running the mountain bike trails. Same route as last week...a couple of minutes faster despite my tired legs:



Monday I rested and today I had a lame, 2 miler scheduled:



So...tomorrow is a rest/xt day. I think I might try to get a ride in before heading to the dentist. While I'm at the dentist, Jill will be taking my bike up to REI to get some work done on it. I'm hoping to have it back by Friday...and then I can resume bike commuting, which should really start to build the miles in saddle. 'till next time.

Ride safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment