Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sick kids

So yeah...it's their fault that I haven't posted. They've been incredibly sick...so sick, in fact, that my three-year-old son took his second nap in about a year and a half. I did, however, manage to sneak out of the house for a ride Wednesday morning:



a 5 mile (3 of which were a tempo run) run on Thursday:



and today I finished the most enjoyable run that I've done in about 2 1/2 years. It was a slow 6 miler that I did on some mountain bike trails in West Rock Ridge State Park. It was fantastic. Up and down. Over fallen trees. Across planks and bridges. Over/through mud puddles. From rock to rock. It's why/how I originally fell in love with running and it was brilliant. Anyway...enough of my raving. I couldn't put together a map on map-my-run, because the trails are under too dense of tree cover, but if you check the trail map, you can follow my route south from the beginning of the red trail. I took the white trail when it broke off to the west from the red. When the white rejoins the red, I turned back and retraced my steps. Again...awsome.

Reminder: if you haven't joined my ride...please do. Let's help ALS TDI get some real work done on ALS this year!

'till next time, ride safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment